John & Mary Hayes with Manuel de la Torre
John Hayes at Chi Chi’s
Martha Nause – LPGA Tour Player
Manuel de la Torre clinic with John Hayes
John Hayes lesson with TrackMan.
The swinging motion with tennis ball on cord.
John Hayes, award-winning PGA Teaching Pro at the Chi Chi Rodriguez Driving Range in Pinellas County, Florida, has learned to teach from the legendary PGA Hall of Famer, Manuel de la Torre (October 6, 1921 – April 24, 2016), who helps the student understand the motion of the club and what must be done to produce good shots. John knows that the game of golf can make people’s lives better through physical health, mental training and social relationships. Don’t waste your valuable practice time – GET A PLAN! Understand the correct fundamentals and build a swing based on sound principles that do not change. Any swing problems must have the correct diagnosis so they can be solved. MY NUMBER ONE GOAL IS TO HELP THE STUDENT PLAY BETTER.
Go to: www.manueldelatorregolfteaching.com for more info on Manuel de la Torre’s teaching concept.
- PGA Teaching Professional at the Chi Chi Rodriguez Driving Range since 2012. TrackMan availability for students who request it prior to scheduling the lesson began in 2019.
- PGA of America Member for over 25 years.
- Wrote and published the book, Learning Golf with Manuel, in 2009.
- Spent over 100 days studying the game with PGA and World Golf Teacher’s Hall of Famer, Manuel de la Torre.
- Helped to lead one of the finest junior golf programs in the country as Head Golf Professional at Forest Hills Country Club in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Was the Director of Instruction at Bellerive C.C., site of the 1992 and 2018 PGA Championships, and was working for Jerry Tucker when he developed the Tucker Short Game Test which is used to assess the various short game skills of any golfer.
- Named number 1 teacher in the state of Missouri by Golf Digest.
- Named a Top 50 Kid Teacher by U.S. Kids Golf.
- Developed the DELUXE GOLF LEARNING PROGRAM, where the group handicap has gone down for 14 consecutive years.
- Has instructed LPGA, Champions Tour, Mens, Senior Ladies, and High School state Champions.
- Has written dozens of golf instruction articles for national, regional and local publications.
- Gateway Section PGA Awards and Honors:
– PGA Professional of the Year
– Junior Golf Leader Award
– Horton Smith Award for Education (twice)
– Player of the Year (twice)
– Assistant Player of the Year (five times)
– Senior Section Champion (67 – 66 = 133)
- North Florida PGA 2014 Senior Stableford Champion and 2014 Senior Player of the Year, West Cent. Chapter.
- Won numerous Professional tournaments; low round: 60 (-8).
- Won the Missouri Amateur Championship.
- Has presented golf clinics for numerous Grade and High Schools.
- Past Board Member: Gateway PGA and the First Tee – St. Louis.